Query multiple types of production and estimated yield loss data by timeframe, disease, and geographic area*
- Select desired start year and end year. For a single year of data choose the same year for both start and end.
- Select a disease category, which will autofill the diseases.
- Select one or multiple diseases.
- Further define geographic area by country, region, or select one or multiple states.
- Click on Search and results will display.
- Further details are available by clicking on Production and Losses within results.
- If specific diseases or states are not selected, the output will include values for all diseases and states present in the selection boxes.
*Not all data categories are available for all locations and all years, and disease categories changed slightly as data collection progressed. Disease loss data was traditionally presented seperately for the Northern U.S and Southern U.S., categories which differ from the states within regional IPM center groupings.
- These data are expert estimates only.
- Data is currently available from 2012-2016.
- Mycotoxin contamination values are for percent contamination of grain only, and should not be used for determination of bushel loss, USD loss, or USD loss per acre. Beginning in 2013, values represent only grain contanimation. Mycotoxin data from 2012 may represent either contamination, direct losses due to contamination, or both. Grain contamination doesn’t necessarily equate to grain loss, thus loss from mycotoxin contamination was not used in the calculation to obtain yield before loss to disease. This is conservative in nature and may result in an underestimation of total losses due to disease. Mycotoxin contamination values are only displayed when selected alone, and are not included when searching for any other disease or disease category.
- Corn loss data were not available for Missouri in 2013.
For more information about disease loss data, please see the About page.